Along with the cookie consent banner, you can create the cookie declaration using the CookieBot integration on your Yola-built website.
You can integrate the declaration by embedding the spacial CookieBot-generated script to your page. However, the HTML embed feature is only available for premium subscribers, so if you prefer to have a cookie declaration together with the cookie consent banner, consider upgrading to Yola Silver or Yola Gold plans.
Contents of the cookie declaration
By default, the cookie declaration consists of five parts:
- Information about the domains that the user’s consent is valid for.
- The part with the users’ current consent (what categories of cookies consent has been given for) and options to change their consent or completely withdraw it. If the user clicks Change your consent, the cookie consent banner will be re-activated for them.
- Information about the last update to the cookie declaration. (The date is automatically updated when a scan has been performed on the website.)
- A list of all the cookies and trackers used on the website – categorized in Necessary, Preferences, Statistics, and Marketing – along with purpose descriptions and additional information. (This information is automatically drawn from the latest scan report for your website and is updated with each new scan.
The cookie declaration is customizable for Premium CookieBot accounts, so you will need to upgrade if you want to change your declaration looks. Visit the dedicated CookieBot article to find detailed customization instructions.
Adding the cookie declaration to your site
Upon creating a domain group, the cookie declaration scripts are generated automatically. You can find it by going to your CookieBot account > Settings > Your scripts.
To add the cookie declaration to your website, follow these steps:
- Create an empty page on your website. You can name it “Cookie declaration,” for example.
- Add a Custom block to it by clicking Add a block > Custom block. (Make sure you have Yola Silver or Yola Gold plans. If not, upgrade.).
- In the Custom block, click the (+) Plus button and choose the HTML block from the Widget library.
- In the HTML block, click the Custom HTML button. Then copy the cookie declaration script from CookieBot and paste it into the code text editor.
- Click Submit to save and Publish your website to make the changes live.
Here’s the video of the process.
Note: Because of the nature of the script provided by CookieBot, the editor will not be able to execute this code in the Preview mode. You can only check the looks of the declaration on your published website.
The cookie declaration automatically adopts the styling on your site, but if you want to style it further, follow the instructions in the ”2. Can I customize the Cookie Declaration?” section of this article.
We hope this tutorial was helpful. If you have any questions left, please contact our Support Team.
Ready to use your new knowledge? – Edit your site!