This integration is available for all Yola users for free.
Note: Make sure you’ve published your website before connecting the service so that CookieBot could scan your site properly.
Connecting CookieBot to your website
To connect CookieBot to your Sitebuilder+ website, follow these steps:
- In the Sitebuilder, click the Menu icon in the top left corner and then click Settings.
- In the Website settings menu, open the Integrations tab. (Alternatively, you can find this integration in the General tab > Cookies & User data section.)
- Locate CookieBot and click the Connect button.
- Follow the instructions starting with creating a Cookiebot CMP account. It’s essential that you create an account using the Create account button in Sitebuilder. This ensures that the service is free for all Yola users.
- After you create and confirm the account, you need to add your domain name to CookieBot. Copy your published site’s link to the Domain name field. Then click Save in the top left corner.
- Customize your CookieBot banner in the Dialog tab. You can skip this step and return to it after you finish the integration.
- Copy and paste the Domain Group ID from the CookieBot account to the respective field in the Sitebuilder and click Submit.
- Publish your site to make the changes live.
After you publish your website, your visitors will start getting the consent cookie banner.
Note: Connecting this integration will automatically disable the display of Yola’s basic Cookie banner on your website. It might take up to 24 hours for the scan to get finished completely after you add the domain name(s).
GDPR and CCPA compliance
To make your cookie consent banner compliant with both GDPR and CCPA, you need to configure it correctly. Follow the instructions from the dedicated CookieBot articles:
Also, you can complement the widget with the cookie declaration to comply with these key parts of GDPR art. 7(3): "The data subject shall have the right to withdraw his or her consent at any time" and "It shall be as easy to withdraw as to give consent."
Read our dedicated article about cookie declaration.
We hope this tutorial was helpful. If you have any questions left, please contact our Support Team.
Ready to use your new knowledge? – Edit your site!