As a site owner, you may want to create a fully custom block layout so that you can represent your content in a unique way. Say no more! Custom block is an ideal solution for this aim.
In our Custom block, you can arrange the block elements - widgets - in your own way. If you cannot find a suitable block from our library, or if you are just feeling creative, simply opt for a Custom block and fill it in with your own content.
Custom block can be located at the very top of our library:
What can I build with a Custom block?
Almost anything you wish for! You can have a Picture widget located next to a Form widget, multiple Text widgets one on top of another, a Video widget next to a Button widget etc.
A good rule of thumb here is envisioning the final result. Make a quick sketch of the way you want this block to look in the finale.
Having a final result on hand is the best support here, however, if you get lost during the process or do not know how to achieve this result, please do not hesitate to contact our support, we will be happy to help you.
What widgets are available?
Below we will review what widgets you can use to compose your unique block layout. Our widgets are divided into sections so that it is comfortable for you to navigate through them. You can also look up the needed widget by entering your query into the search bar:
Tip: If our widget collection is not full and you wish to notify us about it, please do not hesitate to submit us a feature request. We are thrilled to hear how we can make our Custom block better!
Below is the list of sections with the respective widgets.
Grid & Columns
These widgets will help you to shape the actual layout of your Custom block. They serve as dividers.
You can omit using the Grid & Columns widgets if you don't need to divide your block into vertical sections. In case if you want to add widgets one on top of another (not side by side), you may skip this section.
Yet if you want to arrange your widgets side by side, opt for one of the widgets below:
- 2 columns widget - use this one if you want to divide your Custom block vertically into two columns. You will be able to add separate widgets to both columns.
- 3 columns widget - use this one if you want to divide your Custom block vertically into three columns. You will be able to add separate widgets to all three columns.
- 4 columns widget - use this one if you want to divide your Custom block vertically into four columns. You will be able to add separate widgets to all four columns.
- Media on the right/left widgets - those replicate the layout of our About us block. The gap between columns is bigger than the one in 2 columns widget. This helps to increase the readability of content when a large media element is inserted aside from the text.
The number of columns can be changed in block settings:
Please note: you can only add one of the Grid & Columns widgets to a single Custom block. For example, it is not possible to add a 2 columns widget on top of a 3 columns widget or within it.
These widgets are the basic elements of any site - buttons, text containers, icons etc.
Below we will review each of them:
- Text widget - here you can add any text pieces to your block, including links. Use this tutorial to learn how to edit text.
- Image widget - with help of this widget, you can add an image to your block.
- Button widget - this one adds a button to your block which you can then hyperlink.
- 2 Buttons widget - same as the above, however, it adds two buttons at once. You can edit them separately.
- Form widget - use this one to add a contact form to your Custom block.
- Quote widget - great for a cheeky testimonial! It consists of different elements - a text element, a small image element (if you would like to add a photo of your customer), and another text element where you can add a customer's name.
- Icon widget - with help of this widget, you can add a social media icon or any other icon from our collection. A nice little media element to make your website look more professional.
- List with icons widget - this widget combines icon elements with text elements. Perfect if you want to provide a list of services you offer. This widget's elements can be duplicated.
- HTML widget - add this widget if you would like to add a custom code to your block.
These are the fun widgets! If you want to add a photo to your site or embed an audio composition, choose one of the widgets below:
- Video widget - use this one to add a video to your Custom block.
- Music widget - you can embed audio here, for example, a composition from Soundcloud.
- Embed widget - besides being able to add video or audio through this widget, you can also embed any other third-party solution that works through an iframe code. This can be a Google document, Google calendar, Elfsight widget etc. If a code you want to embed is non-iframe, you can add it through the HTML widget.
By using these widgets, you can add social media icons and link them to your social media accounts.
- Social icons widget - four of the most popular social media icons in one place. You can change them to your taste or delete any if you do not need it.
- Follow us widget - same as the Social icons widget yet it also contains the "Follow us" text element. You can change this wording, of course.
How to duplicate a widget
Any widget can be duplicated with the Custom block. To duplicate a widget, simply click on it and click the Duplicate button:
The elements of the List with icons widget can be duplicated within the widget itself. Hover over the list item and click Duplicate:
Note: When you duplicate a column, all the widgets contained in it also get duplicated.
How to resize a widget
The following widgets can be resized:
- Image widget: click on the widget and drag the resize button.
- Text widget: it can be resized if added outside the Grid & Columns widgets. Drag the controls on the sides of the widget.
- Video widget: click on the widget and drag the resize button.
- Music widget: click on the widget and drag the resize button.
How to move a widget
All widgets can be moved within a Custom block. To move a widget, click on it and then click on the Move button:
Note: When you move a column, all the widgets contained in it also get moved.
How to delete a widget
To delete a widget, click on it and then click on the Delete button:
Note: When you delete a column, all the widgets contained in it also get deleted.