Scheduling an event just became easier in the Sitebuilder. Here’s how you can enable your website visitors to schedule an appointment, meeting, visit, or anything else that is time-sensitive.
Before you start adding the scheduling functionality, select an existing page on your site where you’d like to add a scheduling form. You may also create a new page and add it to the navigation for easy access.
- Add a Form block or another block with a form. Click on the round plus button and choose Headline or Contact blocks in the Block Library. These blocks already have built-in and predesigned forms that you can customize.
- Click on a block that you like and it will be added to your website page. You can change its layout later.
- Click on the form fields to launch Form settings.
- In the General tab, you can find the following fields: Name, E-mail, Message. You can customize them by following the steps in this tutorial: Customizing your form settings.
- Now you need to add two new fields to your form: Date and Time. To add a new field, click the blue round plus button:
- In the dropdown menu, first, choose Date:
6. In the New Item window, enter the label (what will appear on top of the field), a placeholder (a hint to your visitors of what to enter), and check the box next to Make required:
Click Submit. The Date field will be added to your form.
7. Now you must add a Time field. Add a new field by clicking the round button. In the New Item window, choose Time from the dropdown menu:
In the New item window, enter the label (what will appear on top of the field), a placeholder (a hint to your visitors that they need to pick a time for their visit or appointment), time format (12 hours or 24 hours, with examples), and check the box next to Make required:
Click Submit. The Time field will be added to your form.
8. Click Submit again. You can now preview your form with the two new fields:
- Publish your site to make the changes live. Your changes will be saved and the website will go live.
- Now when a visitor to your page clicks on the Date field in the form, they will be presented with a calendar to select a suitable date for them.
- When they click the Time field, they will see a time selection menu so they can enter the desired time in the format that you have specified earlier:
- If the visitor skips entering Date and Time, which you have made mandatory, the warning message will be displayed.
When someone requests a meeting or appointment on a specific date and time, you will receive a message to the address you specified in Form settings.
Tip: On the page with the scheduling form, you can add more details, such as what information you require for the successful scheduling of a service you offer, details of the event if it’s an event, perhaps things to bring with them to the appointment or a map to the destination: