You can display different Online Store categories on different pages and even websites. This will help you target your offerings to more categories of customers.
By default, the customers who visit your Online Store for the first time see the categories of the first level and your featured products (the ones that are marked as Featured on homepage in your product catalog.)
You may want to change this setting and display another category to customers who open your storefront. This is useful if you want to show specific sets of items to targeted customer categories.
If you want to create several Online Stores that share the same settings like payment, shipping, discounts, you can also use this approach.
Before you begin
If you haven’t yet done so, create different categories for your store products. To learn more about how to create product categories, visit these tutorials:
Customizing store category page
When you have decided which category you want to display in which block or website, continue to the next step.
Adding a Shop block
- Identify where you would like to add the Shop block that displays products from your Online Store.
- Click on the + Add a block button.
- In the Block library, scroll down to Shop and click on the Shop block:
- When the block appears on the page, your categories and Featured products are displayed by default:
- To display a specific product category on this page, go to Block settings. In the Appearance tab, choose the category you want to display in this particular Shop block:
You will be able to instantly preview how your products from the selected category look on the page.
- Once you are happy with the result, click Save.
- Publish your site to make the changes live.
Your page visitors will now see the selected category and will be able to shop as usual.
Other helpful articles
Customizing Online Store labels
Managing stock in Online Store
Customizing your store checkout page
SEO settings of your Online Store