Just published your brand-new site? Added new engaging content? It’s time to share the good news with your followers on social media.
Sharing your site and new content across social media networks plays an important role in search engine rankings. It helps attract more traffic to your site, enhance your search engine ranking, and eventually boost conversions.
Here’s how to push new content to your preferred social media profiles as you publish it to your site.
Sharing your site on Facebook
Here are the ways you can share your site on Facebook:
- Add your site URL to the About section of your Facebook page:
- You can share pages from your site anytime by posting a page's URL on your Facebook Business page. Click Create Post and enter the link to the URL you want to share. The link will be displayed automatically, so you can delete it from the text field and add some description of your content instead.
- Consider adding an image, if it’s not pulled automatically from your website page:
- Click Post. Your content will be promoted to the feeds of your followers.
- Optionally, Boost post. Even a modest amount helps to increase visibility.
Tip: You can also share your website on your personal page. If you are concerned about spamming your family or friends who aren’t in the industry, consider creating a Facebook Friends List for the business-related audience. This way you don’t have to worry about confusing your Aunt Gertrude with a step-by-step guide to changing car oil.
Sharing your site on Twitter
To share a link to your website on Twitter, use these options:
1. Add a website link to your Twitter profile:
- Post a link to your website or a new page to your Tweet feed. The image and the snippet of text will be added to your Tweet automatically.
- Choose who can comment on your Tweet by clicking on the icon under the snippet:
- Once done, click Tweet.
Sharing your site on Pinterest
Each Pin you create on this social media platform can promote your new website. Here’s how to share your website on Pinterest:
- Click your profile in the upper right corner and choose Settings.
- In Settings, click on Claim and enter the URL of your website, then click Claim:
- In the next window Pick claim option, check the option Add HTML tag. Copy the verification tag.
- Go back to the Yola Sitebuilder. In the main menu, choose Settings…
- In the General tab, scroll down to the Custom code section. Paste this tag into the Inside <head> tag field:
- Click Submit and then Publish.
- Return to Pinterest and click Next, then Submit. Your site will be reviewed and usually, you will hear from Pinterest in the next 24 hours. Your website will display in your profile.
You can also share your website and its content as Pins. Here’s how to do it:
- Click the plus icon at the bottom-right of your home feed or Create in the upper left menu. Choose to Create Pin or product Pin:
- In the next window, click Save from the site and enter your website URL where the content you want to Pin is. Alternatively, add the image manually.
- Enter the title of the Pin, a description, and a link to your site or a page on your site.
Tip: Enter all important information in the first 50 characters of your description.
- Click Select above the title, then click Save next to the board you want to save the Pin to, or click Create board to create a new one.
- Your Pin will be shared with the Pinterest users who will search for similar content and may save your Pin to their boards.
Sharing your site on LinkedIn
You can easily share your website with your followers on LinkedIn. Here are the steps:
- In your LinkedIn feed, click Start a post.
- Enter your website URL and the main image will be automatically displayed.
- Add hashtags to your post to make sure you reach the right audience:
- In the Anyone audience menu, choose who will see your post:
Choose the audience for your post and click Save.
- Click Post.
Sharing your website on Instagram
There’s just one way to add your new website URL on Instagram, and that’s your bio. The Instagram bio is the only place where anyone, including private personal accounts, can share a clickable link. Here’s how to add it:
- Go to your profile page and click the Edit Profile button.
- In the next menu, enter your website URL. With Yola, you don’t need to create a special mobile version of the site, as all templates are responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Scroll down and click Submit.
- Experiment to find the best strategy for this link. Some users link to their website and leave it at that. Others update their bio link regularly and direct users to the newest content, products, or offers.
There are more options to share your website on Instagram. You can use a link service like Linktree, where you present followers with a list of clickable buttons leading to your latest blog posts, activities, or Online Store. Some services, like Linkin. bio, include video links and photo carousels.
You may also gain access to the Insert Link button in your Instagram Stories. There are two requirements you must meet to post a link via Instagram stories:
- You must have over 10,000 followers.
- You have a verified account because you’re a public figure or represent an established brand.
You can’t include clickable links in the captions of normal Instagram photo posts, but that doesn’t mean that post captions are useless! You can use them to reach your audience with carefully selected hashtags.
If you want to make the most of your post captions for links on Instagram, use a link-shortening service like Bitly so the link is easy for users to copy.
By sharing your site on social media, you make your content highly visible across social media searches, more frequently linked to by reputable sources, and more often engaged with on social networks.
Tip: The way you share your content on social media highly depends on what works best for your schedule and your users. It’s worthwhile to experiment to see what gets the most clicks.