Selling on Facebook and Instagram gets more effective and more popular all the time. Online Store makes it possible to help you reach ideal prospects affordably on these platforms.
If you want to advertise on Facebook and ensure that your ads are effective, then go ahead and install the Facebook Pixel in just a few clicks.
Here’s how you can get started with Facebook Pixel.
What is Facebook Pixel?
The pixel is a piece of code that tracks your store visitors and their behavior — and gives you a lot of data:
- It measures conversions so that you know exactly how your ads are performing
- It records visitors that left without making a purchase, so you can follow up with ads later
- It can help you advertise to people similar to your existing customers
The Facebook Pixel can track various actions that happen on your website and in your Online Store. It will learn which visitors:
- View products and categories
- Search products
- Add items to the shopping cart
- Start and complete the checkout
This data allows you to retarget your visitors. Many people don’t buy during their first visit to the store. With the Facebook Pixel, you can create Custom Audiences, to follow up on those customers with your ads on Facebook, Instagram, and Audience Network. This is called retargeting.
Facebook Pixel also tracks conversions, so you can calculate the ROI (Return on Investment) of your Facebook advertising campaigns. It prevents you from spending more money on ads that do not convert.
Since the pixel tracks different sorts of events in your store, you can group people by their actions. Here are some cases:
- People who visited your specific product pages, for example, your new arrivals
- People who visited your store but haven’t returned for a while
- People who spend a lot of time browsing in your store but don’t make a purchase
By collecting this data, you can advertise on Facebook to people who have already shown an interest in your product and services and are more likely to buy or order from you.
Step 1 - Generate your Pixel ID
You need to generate your pixel ID and add it to your website so that it connects to Facebook. there are many ways of doing it, but here's a shortcut:
- On your Facebook page, click the drop-down menu on the left. Locate the Ad Centre area.
- In the Ad Centre, click Create Ad:
- In Choose a Goal window, click on the Get more website visitors button:
- In the ad settings page, scroll down to the bottom area and locate the Facebook Pixel toggle:
Switch it to the “on” position:
- On the next page, you will be prompted to connect your website to Facebook and create a pixel. Click the Developer instructions link:
- Note the Facebook Pixel ID and copy the Pixel code:
Step 2 - Install the code into your Online Store
- Go back to Yola Sitebuilder and click the main menu icon, then click Settings.
- In Settings, go to the General tab and scroll down to the Custom code. Paste the Facebook Pixel code here:
Click Submit and Publish.
Note: You may need to upgrade your subscription to be able to add custom code.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Facebook Pixel. It will now be collecting data from your entire website, including your Online Store.
To check the success of your installation, go back to the Facebook ad you have created and refresh the page. Scroll down to the Pixel area and enable the Pixel (the toggle should turn blue).
You should see this area showing like this:
Implementing Facebook Pixel can prevent you from spending more money on ads than you earn from them. It will also help you gain insight into the overall performance of your website.
This feature is available on all Online Store plans.