In our Sitebuilder, you can make your images more interactive by assigning various actions to them, i.e. making them clickable. You can also use this functionality to create banners that refer to other resources. Think of a banner that says 'Click here to visit our Instagram' and by clicking on it, your site visitor will be directed to your Instagram profile.
In this article, we will discuss how to add a little action to your images.
Note: This option is available for all regular images except the background images and your website logo.
Activate the click action menu
- Hover your mouse over the image you want to set the action for. If the image is editable, you will see the Customize button:
- Click on the image to activate the control pane. Click the ellipsis (three dots) More icon and then choose Set a click action option in the drop-down menu:
- In the Click actions drop-down menu, choose one of the options below.
- After you have specified the click action, click Save to confirm.
- Once you are done customizing the image, click Publish to make the changes live.
View full-size image
By enabling this click action, you will allow your site visitors to click on the image to expand it to the full screen. This action is only available for Gallery block images.
Open a page
This creates a link to a page within your website, so the site visitor will be directed to that page after clicking the image. As the next step, you will be able to specify the needed page:
Download a file
Choose this option if you want your site visitors to download a file after clicking the image. You will be able to choose a file to download at the next step:
Scroll to a block
This option allows you to pick a block within the current page where the site vistor will be taken after clicking on the image:
Open a web address
This option allows you to enter the URL of a website where the visitor will be taken after clicking the image.
Make a phone call
Choose this option to allow users to make a phone call without leaving your website. Enter your phone number in an international format:
Once the user clicks on the image, they will be either able to launch their default calling application (Skype, FaceTime, etc.) on their desktop or start a call on their mobile device.
Send an email
Enter your email address to allow your visitors to instantly send you messages:
This way, your visitors will be able to communicate with you without having to write down your email and leaving the website.