Do you want to track your site's search performance with Google Search Console and access the latest webmaster resources? Then you need to add your site to the Google Search Console first. Here is how to add a website property to your Search Console account.
Adding your website to Google Search Console
Here are the steps you need to take to add your site to Google Search Console.
- Sign in to your Google Webmasters account (link)
- Inside the Search Console, choose to Add a property in the drop-down menu in the upper left corner:
You can create a property that includes an entire domain (example.com) or a property that is limited to a single branch (example.com/clothing/).
- Choose the option URL prefix and enter the URL of the website you want to add:
- You must be able to prove that you own the site in order to add it to your Search Console account. For this, choose a verification method HTML Tag:
Copy the meta tag. Do not close this menu or window.
- Go to the Sitebuilder and click the "hamburger" menu in the upper left corner of the Sitebuilder.
- Click Settings..., click the Integrations tab.
Paste the code you copied in the Google Webmaster verification window and click Submit:
Publish your site to make sure your verification code has been added to the header area.
Once your website has been published, go back to the Google Webmasters verification page and click Verify.
You will get a confirmation message:
Congratulations! You have verified your site for Google Webmasters. Click Go to property to explore the many ways you can improve the performance of your site in search results.