When constructing a multi-language website, your blocks can appear in the language which you choose for a specific page. Here's how to create a non-English language page that will be pre-populated with the content in the language that you specify.
Creating a page from scratch
- Create a new page. Go to the main menu and click Pages…
2. Click on the round blue + button. Choose Empty page in the page template dropdown menu:
- Enter a page name and choose whether you want to display it in the navigation bar.
- Click the Submit button.
- Navigate to the newly created page in the Pages… menu and click on the “cog” Page settings icon:
- In the Page Settings menu, scroll down and access the Language Code area:
- In the drop-down menu, pick the language for this page. For this example, let’s make it German:
- Click Submit and then Publish to make the changes live. After the page has been published, return to the Sitebuilder.
- Click on the round Add a block button to access the Block Library. All blocks in the Block Library will have the demo content in the language you have specified which makes it easier for you to make the right choice.
- Continue building your page using blocks in your target language.
Important: When you make your site multilingual, all content in the new blocks that you add to language-specific pages will be in that language.