You can specify product dimensions in order to receive more precise shipping rates. The package dimensions are used to calculate real-time shipping rates for products with no individual dimensions specified. If most of your products fit into the same shipping boxes, you can specify the package dimensions only.
To add the package dimensions:
- From your Online Store admin, go to Shipping & Pickup.
Note: To add your dimensions, you need to configure your shipping method. To learn how do to configure shipping, check out these tutorials:
- Click Actions > Edit for the configured carrier-calculated shipping method.
- Under the Shipping settings block, find the Default package size section.
- Fill out the Width, Length, and Height fields for the Default package dimensions.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
The specified package dimensions will be used in the rate calculation with this specific carrier company.