Among the other blocks we offer, there is an Online store block. Since we want to give an opportunity to have an Online store to all our customers, an Online store free plan is automatically added to your account. It includes the following:
- 3 products
- 1 product category
- No transaction fees
- Built-in shopping cart.
This is a great way to try ecommerce and start selling your products or services without investing too much money. Read on to find out how to get started.
Adding the Online store block
Our pre-designed templates from the Online Store category already include an Online store block with demo content. However, if you’ve chosen a theme from a different category, you can add the Online store block in a few clicks.
Note: You can add only one Online store block per page. If your template already contains an Online store block, it will be hidden from the Block library.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Click the Add a block (+) Plus button on your page.
- In the Blocks library, select the Online store block. It will be automatically added to your page.
Customizing your Online store block
This is what your Online store block looks like when you haven’t set up the online store yet.
Note: At first, the Online store contains 8 sample products. The free Online store plan allows you to add 3 custom products, services, or donation options. And the sample products will remain until you delete them by going to Catalog > Delete All Sample Products. (You may also use them as templates for creating your own products.)
To start customizing your store, you can click anywhere on the Online store block or click Store on the Topbar.
You will be taken to the Online store dashboard, where you can add the products, shipping methods, payment methods, and more. For more details, visit our dedicated knowledge base section.
When you are done setting up your Online store, click the Back to Editor link in the upper left corner to return to the Sitebuilder. This is what your Online store block with a free plan might look like.
You can see your products or services, as well as links where your users can sign in to track orders and view their shopping carts.
Now publish your website to make your Online store live.
Customizing block settings
You have several options to make the Online store block truly yours. To activate the control panel, hover over the block and then click the Block Settings icon.
The block settings menu consists of two tabs: the Layout tab and the Appearance tab.
In the Layout section, you can adjust the following settings:
- Product category: Select the product category of your store to display in the block. Read more about displaying different store categories on different pages or sites.
- Products amount: Adjust the number of products displayed in the block. (Note: If you have more products in the store or category than the selected Product amount, the block will automatically create pages inside the block to contain all of them.)
In the Appearance tab, you can make the following changes:
- Block style: Change the color scheme of the block. (The color adaptation in the Online store block is disabled by default. If you want to use a dark theme, enable the color adaptation to highlight the text by going to Store > Design > Storefront navigation & colors > Color adaptation: Enable)
- Block spacing: change the whitespaces on the top and bottom of the block.
Once you are done customizing block settings, click Save in the Block Settings and then click Publish at the Topbar.
We hope you find this article helpful. If you have any questions left, please contact our Support Team.
Ready to use your new knowledge? – Edit your site!