Among the other blocks we offer, there is an Online Store block. Since we want to give an opportunity to have an Online Store to all our customers, a Free Online Store plan is automatically added to your account! Here’s what is included in your Online Store Free plan:
- 3 products
- 1 product category
- No transaction fees
- Built-in shopping cart
This is a great way to try eCommerce and start selling your products or services. Here’s how to get started.
Adding the Online Store block
The Online Store block is located at the very top of the Block Library:
To add this block to your page, follow these steps:
- Click the Add a block button.
- In the Block Library, select the Online Store block. It will be automatically added to your page.
- Click on the newly created block to start customizing your Store.
You will be taken to the Online Store dashboard where you can add the products, shipping methods, payment methods, etc. For more details, visit this knowledge base section.
When you are done setting up your Online Store, click the Back to Editor link in the upper left corner to return to the Sitebuilder:
You will see your products, as well as links where your users can sign in to track orders and view their shopping carts. Publish your website to make your Online Store live.
Customizing block settings
You have several options to make the Online Store block truly yours. To activate the control panel, click anywhere on the block and then click the Block Settings icon:
In the Layout section, you can adjust the following settings:
- SEO-friendly product URLs: by turning this feature on, you can enable clean URLs in your store. These new URLs do not contain the "?=" sign so that they look nicer and are better indexed by Google.
- Product category: select the product category of your store to display in the block. Read more about displaying different Store categories on different pages or sites.
- Products amount: adjust the number of products to display in the block.
In the Appearance tab, you can make the following changes:
- Block style: Change the color scheme of the block.
- Block spacing: change the whitespaces on the top and bottom of the block.
Once you are done customizing block settings, click Save.