You can translate navigation that is specific for each language version of your site to help your international visitors easily navigate through pages in their own language. Here's how to do this:
- Choose the language version using the Language Selector.
Click Navigation on the Topbar of the Sitebuilder (or hover over the navigation area in the header and click the Navigation settings icon) to open the Navigation settings window.
Here you can see the exact copy of your initial navigation ready to be translated into the new language. To start translating, hover over the page item in the list and click its Settings icon.
In the Item settings window, edit the Title and name it in your new language.
- Click Submit.
- Repeat these steps for the rest of the menu items.
Remember to publish your site to make the changes live.
Make the navigation local
If you only have a couple of pages in a different language and want to set the translated navigation to appear only on these particular pages, you can convert the navigation menu on these pages into a local element.
Go to the page where you want to create page-specific navigation and follow the steps from this tutorial.
After you convert the navigation menu into the local element, all the changes in navigation will be visible on this page only. You can also revert the navigation menu into the global element if needed.
Create a local navigation item
Assuming you’ve already created the page itself, here’s how to create a new language-specific navigation item for it:
1. Switch the Language Selector to the target language.
2. Click the navigation menu and then click Navigation settings.
3. To add a new language-specific page to the navigation, click the round Plus (+) button.
4. Choose Open a page as the click action and choose the target page from the list below the language.
5. Type in the title in the respective field using the target language and click Submit.
Repeat these steps for your other pages in this language and publish your site.
For more details on how to create a multilingual site, visit this tutorial.
We hope you find this article helpful. If you have any questions left, please contact our Support Team.
Ready to use your new knowledge? – Edit your site!