A primary domain is the main address for your site. Only one domain can be set as the primary domain, and all pages on your site will show that domain.
If you only have one domain name connected to your site, then it’s your site’s primary domain. And if you have several domain names connected to a single website, you will need to select your primary domain among them.
When you purchase additional custom domains, the first domain you connected to a site will remain its primary domain until you assign another domain for this role.
Note: It’s not technically possible to use different domains for specific pages of the same site.
Setting a primary domain
- In My Yola dashboard, click Domains on the Topbar.
- Locate the domain you want to set as your primary domain and click its Advanced settings link.
- In the Connect your domain to a site section, select the website this domain is connected to. If the domain is not connected to any site yet, select the site and click Connect.
- Click Make Primary.
- Setting a new domain as the primary one automatically removes the primary status from the previous domain.
- Search engines only show your primary custom domain.
- Only custom domains can be set as the primary domain. If you delete all custom domains, your free Yola subdomain becomes the primary domain.
We hope this guide helped you. If you’ve any questions left, please contact our Support Team.
Ready to use your new knowledge? – Manage My Yola!