A primary domain is the main address for your site. If you only have one domain name registered, then that will be your primary domain. This would also be the domain you would advertise for your business.
Only one domain can be set as the primary domain. All pages on your site will show that domain. If you have several domain names registered, you will need to select one that will be your primary domain.
When you purchase additional custom domains, the first domain will remain your primary domain until you assign the new domain to be your primary domain.
To see which domain is your primary, open the Domains tab in the upper horizontal menu in My Yola, select Advanced settings and check Connect your domain to a site tab. The Primary label next to a site will indicate that the domain has been set as primary. If you have several domain names you will need to check their Advanced settings to locate which domain is primary.
Note: It’s not possible to use a different domain for specific pages of your site.
Setting a primary domain
- From the Sitebuilder, go to the Website menu and click Go to dashboard.
- In My Yola, click Domains.
- Locate the domain you want to set as your primary domain and select Advanced settings.
- In Connect your domain to a site section click on Connect if the domain has not been added to the site yet.
- Click Make primary.
- Setting a new domain as the primary will automatically remove the primary status from the previous domain.
- Search engines only show your primary custom domain.
- Only custom domains can be set as the primary domain. If you delete all custom domains, your Yola free subdomain will become the primary domain.
Other helpful articles