This tutorial is about moving your domain from the current Sitebuilder+ website to another Sitebuilder+ site. If you want to move your domain from Sitebuilder Classic site and connect it to Sitebuilder+ site, visit this dedicated tutorial.
The process of moving your domain from one Sitebuilder+ website to another consists of three major steps:
- Publish the website you want to move your domain to (This can be a free subdomain or a custom domain.).
- Unpublish the website to which your custom domain is now connected.
- Connect the relevant domain to another website.
We will break down each of the steps into smaller steps below.
Note: If you try disconnecting a domain from a published website via the Advanced Settings menu, you will get a warning.
Publishing your site
You can publish your website by hitting the Publish button in the Sitebuilder’s top right corner.
Unpublishing your sight takes a few steps, so let’s explore it in detail.
Unpublishing your website
Here’s how you can unpublish your site:
- In the Sitebuilder, click the Menu button in the top left corner of the editor. Then, choose Settings from the menu.
- In the General tab, scroll down to the Danger Zone and click the Unpublish site button.
- In the next window, type in or paste UNPUBLISH in the field to confirm your intention.
- Click Submit to save the changes.
Here’s the video of the process.
After you unpublished the site, your custom domain automatically disconnects from it, and you can use it for another published website.
Connecting your domain to another Yola website
To use your domain with another website, follow these steps:
- Make sure you've published the site you want to connect your domain to. Your website will be published to a free Yola subdomain.
- Go to My Yola dashboard, and click Domains in the Topbar.
- Click the Advanced settings link next to the domain name you want to assign to another website.
- Continue to Connect your domain to a site tab and click the Connect button next to the website you want to connect the domain to.
- After that, you’ll have the option to make it your primary domain.
- Go to the Sitebuilder of the site you’ve just connected your domain to and click Publish.
We hope this guide helped you. If you’ve any questions left, please contact our Support Team.
Ready to use your new knowledge? – Manage My Yola!