To cancel your hosting subscription
- Please send your cancellation request from the email address you use to login to your Yola account. You can address this request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will then receive an email from Yola Support with a link to cancel your subscription.
- Once you’ve clicked this link, you will be taken to a form where you’ll be asked to complete a few fields and then confirm the cancellation of your hosting subscription and any additional subscriptions (e.g. Online Store) that you may have.
- Once this is done your subscription will be canceled immediately and will lapse on its expiry date.
Once your hosting subscription has expired, your site will no longer be accessible to visitors. If you'd like to republish your site to your custom domain again, you can simply purchase a hosting subscription and then re-enable your site by publishing it.
Note: Canceling your hosting subscription does not automatically cancel your domain subscription. This needs to be done separately.
What happens when you cancel your hosting
After you cancel your hosting package, your account will be converted to a Yola Free account at the end of the subscription period.
You may find that you need to make a few adjustments either to the site or your account, as the hosting packages could offer differing features. These features include the number of sites you have published, domain pointing or the number of pages your site contains. Here are some of the changes you will need to make after your account has been downgraded to the Yola Free plan.
- You may have to delete sites because the Yola Free subscription only allows for two sites per account.
- You may need to delete pages from your published sites until you are within the 3-page limit of the Yola Free account.
Please complete these steps before the end of your subscription period to ensure uninterrupted service to your sites. If this is not done, your sites will become unavailable to your visitors.
Here are the changes that will occur to your account automatically after the hosting cancellation:
- The Yola Link will reappear at the bottom of each of your pages.
- Yola Free users can only publish sites to free Yola subdomains, but not to your custom domains.
Note: You will still be able to access your account, your Sitebuilder and the sites in your account.
To cancel your domain subscription
- Access your My Yola dashboard and click the Domains tab at the top of the page.
- Click the Cancel link to the right of the domain you'd like to cancel. If you do not see a Cancel link and only see a Renew link, it means the auto-renewal has already been canceled.
- You will then be asked to confirm that you no longer wish to automatically renew the domain name, by clicking Turn off Auto-renew.
Once done, your domain's subscription, Yola Mail, and domain privacy subscriptions will be canceled on the expiration date.
Note: You will still receive renewal reminders prior to the domain’s expiry date, but you can safely ignore these reminders and allow the domain to expire when the time comes.
Canceling your account
If you delete your account, you will no longer have access to it or any of the settings pertaining to domains or other services and subscriptions.
We recommend that you keep your Yola account active, particularly if you have an active domain subscription. This will ensure that you can still edit and publish your site to a Yola subdomain, and retain access to your domain's settings.
If you still wish to delete your account, please read this tutorial for more information.