You can delete your account at any time. Keep in mind, this will delete any site that you have built, so make sure you're ready before proceeding.
What happens when you delete your account
- Deleting your account will permanently remove all your content and customizations from our system.
- Any payment methods that you have added to your account will also be deleted.
Try this before deleting your account
If you delete your account and would like to come back later, you will need to create a new account and build your website or websites from scratch.
That’s why we suggest canceling your subscription services and moving to a Yola Free account as an alternative to deleting your account. Doing so will allow you to keep your website published to your free subdomain. It will also allow you to reverse any changes you have made at a later date.
Another way is to choose to unpublish your sites. The Unpublish button appears in the Website > Settings window in the Sitebuilder. This will ensure that your content is not deleted and you will be able to work with it later. Here’s how you can unpublish your site.
Note: You will not be able to delete your account if you have an active hosting or domain auto-renewal agreement. Please email email@example.com for further assistance.
How to delete your account
For security reasons, we require you to delete your own account, as this ensures that only the owner of the account can delete it.
To delete your account, please follow these steps:
1. Log into your Yola account. Proceed to the My Yola dashboard.
2. Hover over your email address and select Profile from the drop-down list:
- Scroll down to the Delete account section.
- Expand the tab. Check the box next to Please confirm that you would like to delete your account.
- Click the Delete account button. A confirmation dialog box will appear. If you still want to delete your account, click on the Delete button.
- A confirmation message will appear telling you that your account has been deleted.
A message will display to confirm that your account has been deleted.
Please note: If you are unable to delete your account due to "Active subscriptions", this is because you have an active hosting or domain auto-renewal agreement.
Note to parents: If your underage child created an account without your permission, you can easily delete it using these steps. Check out our instructions on resetting a password if you need help accessing the account.