You can delete your Yola account at any time. Keep in mind that this will delete all the sites you’ve built, so make sure you're ready before proceeding.
Here’s what happens when you delete your account:
- Deleting your account permanently removes all your content and customizations from our system.
- Any payment methods that you have added to your account are also deleted.
Before deleting your account
If you delete your account and would like to come back later, you will need to create a new account and build your website or websites from scratch. That’s why we suggest canceling your subscription services and moving to a Yola Free account as an alternative to deleting your account. Doing so will allow you to keep your website published to your free subdomain.
Another way is to choose to unpublish your sites. This ensures that your content is not deleted, and you are able to work with it later.
Note: You will not be able to delete your account if you have an active hosting or domain auto-renewal agreement. If that’s your case, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. The email should be sent from your Yola login email address.
How to delete your account
For security reasons, we require you to delete your own account, as this ensures that only the owner of the account can delete it.
To delete your account, follow these steps:
- In the My Yola dashboard, hover over your Account settings and choose Profile from the dropdown list.
- In the Account details page, scroll down to the Other account options section and expand the Delete account tab.
- Thick the checkbox next to Please confirm that you would like to delete your account and click Delete account.
- A confirmation dialog box will pop up. If you still want to delete your account, click the Delete button.
A confirmation message will appear telling you that your account has been deleted.
Note: If you are unable to delete your account due to "Active subscriptions," this is because you have an active hosting or domain auto-renewal agreement.
If you have any issues while deleting your account, email email@example.com for further assistance. The email should be sent from your Yola login email address.