You will be required to go through a contact details validation process initiated by Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) when you:
- Purchase a new domain name
- Transfer a domain
- Update the registrant contact details associated with that domain
Contact details validation will also be required if any messages sent to the contact details have bounced back.
Important: ICANN will suspend any domains that are not validated within 15 days of receiving the request by email.
To validate your contact details, please follow the steps below.
- You will receive a validation email similar to the one listed below. This will arrive at the email address you have used to register your domain.
- In this email, click on the link as shown on the screenshot below to validate your domain:
Didn’t receive a domain verification email?
If you have not received a validation email, simply update your domain’s registration details, and a new email will be sent. Please follow these details to update your domain registrant details:
1. Log in to My Yola account and click on the Domains tab in the upper menu.
2. Click the Advanced settings link next to the domain of which registrant’s details you want to update:
- Click on the Edit your domain registration info tab:
- Edit your details and click on the Update details button.
- The ICANN domain verification process begins. You will receive an approval email where you will need to click the link as described above. Once confirmed, your domain will be verified.
Please note that if the validation has not been done, your domain will be suspended within 15 days of the email date. The suspension is not processed at Yola, so we do not have control over it.
If your domain gets suspended due to failure to comply with this request, you will have to start a process to retrieve it. You can find more information here: About lost domain names.