A custom domain is a very worthwhile investment for your site. It gives your brand a professional look and makes your website unique.
Moreover, when you buy a domain through Yola, you always have its settings accessible at your fingertips. You can connect it to your website, manage its DNS settings, and update registration details anytime.
Available domain extensions
You can purchase any domain with the following extensions: .com, .net, .org, .club, or .biz.
You also have the option to purchase the following country code top-level domains: .ca, .com, .br, .co.uk, .com.mx, .co, .de, .co.za, .it, .eu, .in, .us, .nl, .es, and .dk.
Before purchasing your domain
- Your domain name and hosting package are separate services that need to be purchased separately. A hosting package subscription is required to be able to purchase a custom domain and publish your website to it.
We offer three hosting packages: Yola Bronze, Yola Silver, and Yola Gold, available with monthly or annual billing periods. If you purchase a custom domain first, you will be prompted to buy a hosting subscription simultaneously.
- The number of custom domains you can purchase within one hosting package is unlimited. You can buy as many domains as you like.
- Buying a domain does not guarantee that your website will appear in Google searches immediately. You still need to promote your site and allow up to six weeks for search engine crawlers to index your website.
- Any domain name you purchase through Yola remains your property, and you can transfer it to another registrar if you’d like.
Yola offers competitive prices for custom domain name registration. The price difference depends on the kind of domain you want to register and its region of registration. You will see the exact domain price on the checkout screen.
There are no hidden fees, price increases, or advertising. All you need to do is to choose the domain name and ensure that it’s available. On top of that, when you buy a yearly hosting package upfront (Bronze, Silver, or Gold), we give you a free year of any .com, .uk, .co.uk, .us, .ca, .it, .biz, .de, .nl, .eu, .in, .co.za, .club, .info, .work, or .xyz domain ownership along with one year of private registration.
Purchasing a domain
We provide a couple of ways to purchase a custom domain. Below we review each of them, and you can choose the most convenient one for you.
In the Sitebuilder: Buy a domain
- Click the Buy a domain button in the top right corner of the Sitebuilder.
- In the next window, find a search field and start typing your desired domain name in it. You will see a dropdown list with possible domain name variations. You can choose one of them or continue typing the name with the preferable extension. Then click Search.
- If the exact domain name is available, you will see it in the list with the Get button activated.
If the domain name is not available, you will get a notification and will have to try another domain name or choose one from the list below.
- Once you’ve chosen your domain name, click the Get button near it.
- On the checkout screen, select your payment method (credit card or PayPal) and enter your billing and credit card information.
- Click BUY NOW to complete the payment process.
On the checkout screen, you can also choose the following:
After the purchase is complete, you will get a receipt to the email address you registered with. Follow this tutorial to connect your domain to your site.
In the Sitebuilder: Publish button
The alternative way to purchase a domain through the Sitebuilder is by clicking the Publish button in the upper right corner.
Once your website is published, you will see a dialog box with a Get your domain button.
This button takes you to the same Select domain window that was described in the previous method in points 2-6. Choose your domain and make a payment for website hosting. Afterward, you will be able to connect the domain to your site.
Through your Dashboard
You can also purchase a domain through My Yola.
Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your Yola account.
- Locate the Add a Custom Domain, and enter the desired domain name into its search field. Do not include the 'www' in your domain name. It’s added automatically.
- Click Search.
- In the pop-up, choose your domain extension. Note that pricing varies for different domain extensions.
- If the domain is available, you will get the following screen.
In case the domain name is taken, Yola will offer you some alternatives.
- Once you have chosen your domain name, click Continue.
You will be taken to the checkout screen, where you can select your payment method (credit card or PayPal), enter your billing and credit card information, and finish the purchase process.
And if you don’t have a paid hosting plan yet (Yola Bronze, Yola Silver, or Yola Gold), you’ll be taken to the hosting selection window first. After you choose a suitable hosting plan, you will proceed to the checkout screen, where you can pay for both domain and hosting.
Note: When you buy a yearly paid subscription with Yola for the first time, you get a custom domain name for one year for free or with a significant discount. Also, you get private registration for the first year for free.
After the purchase is complete, we send you a receipt to your registered email address.
Your next step after purchasing the domain and a hosting plan is connecting one to another. Follow this tutorial to connect your domain to your site.
We hope this guide helped you. If you’ve any questions left, please contact our Support Team.
Ready to use your new knowledge? – Manage My Yola!