You may need to change your domain's name servers if you want to connect your domain to a website hosted by another provider.
Note: If you have Yola Mail and want to keep it after changing the name servers, you need to copy the CNAME (canonical name) and MX (mail exchange) records associated with Yola Mail.
- Name: mail
- Value: mail.yourdomain.com.cust.b.hostedemail.com
- Value: mx.yourdomain.com.cust.b.hostedemail.com.
- Priority: 0 (or 1 if your DNS provider does not allow setting 0 priority)
After you change the name servers, add these two records to your new provider settings so that Yola Mail stays active.
How to change your name servers
Follow these steps::
- When in the My Yola dashboard, click Domains in the Topbar.
- Click the Advanced settings link next to the domain you want to edit.
- Click the Set up name servers tab to expand it.
- Enter the new name servers in the respective fields.
- If you need to add more than two entries, type them into the Additional name servers fields.
- Click the Update name servers button when you’re done.
Note: If you are looking for instructions on how to modify your name servers at another registrar, we cannot provide direct support. Please contact your domain registrar for further assistance if you would like to update your name servers or other DNS records.