Yola makes updating your site as easy as possible. You can make changes to your site immediately after you have published it.
Why you should update your site
When you frequently update your site with new content, be it text or images, it helps your search engine rankings. Here’s why:
- Search engine crawlers understand that your site is offering new and relevant information and prioritize it when crawling.
- Frequent updates encourage visitors to return regularly, which indicates to search engines that your site is offering fresh and useful information.
Note: The Save button saves all the changes which were made but does not publish these changes. Publishing your site sends all your changes to your published or live site. Saving allows you to work on your site and only put it live when you are ready. Read this article about the difference between saving and publishing.
You can easily apply changes to your published site at any time by clicking the Publish button.
Making changes to your site
Whenever you want to make changes to your published site:
- Log in to your My Yola account.
- Select the site you'd like to edit. It will open in the Sitebuilder.
- Edit and update your site as required.
- When you are done, click the Publish button.
- Your published site will be updated with the changes you've made.
Important: If you are thinking of redesigning your site completely, it is a good idea to create a brand new site for this redesign. This will allow you to keep a copy of your old site and bring it back to life in case you change your mind.