Why should you add site analytics? A lot of people want to know how many people have been onto their site and tend to use hit counters. The information provided can be quite limited and isn't as accurate as using analytics for your site.
Yola provides you with a SiteWit comprehensive tool that allows you to view the daily traffic to your site as well as build a Search Engine Marketing (SEM) campaign. This means that you create ads that can display on other websites. For example, if your site is about cleaning services in Pasadena, you can create an ad with Google AdWords focusing on your keywords about cleaning services. That ad can then be displayed to potential customers through the Google AdWords network when people use your keywords. Because this is direct advertising, you pay for it, usually by Pay Per Click (PPC) or Cost Per Impression (CPI).
You can easily access your SiteWit statistics by doing the following:
- Login to your account. You need to make sure you have published your site first.
- Once you've published your site, go to your My Yola page. Hover over the Site Traffic tab along the top of your page and select SiteWit.
- If you are Yola Bronze, Silver, or Gold member, you will be able to create a new SiteWit account. If you are Yola Free member, you will need to upgrade to access site analytics.
- Once you've signed up, you can view the statistics of each site!
Note: Site analytics is a premium feature.
If you decide that you would rather add a hit counter, you will need to do some HTML coding to add this to your site. These Google Search results offer a variety of suggestions you can use.
Once you have the HTML code you would like to use, you can add this to a header or footer area. Here's how:
- Go to Website > Settings.
- Scroll down to the Header code and Footer code area.
- Paste the code into the field.
- Click Submit and then Publish.
Note: Adding a custom HTML code is a premium feature and you may need to upgrade.
Please keep in mind that while the code may work now, we cannot guarantee that it will continue to work in the future.