If you would like to cancel your hosting package subscription (Yola Bronze, Yola Silver, or Yola Gold), please send an email from the login email address associated with your Yola account to email@example.com with your request.
You will receive an email from Yola support with a link to cancel your subscription. By clicking this link you will be taken to a form where you will be asked to fill out a few fields and confirm the cancellation of your hosting package subscription, as well as any add-on subscriptions (e.g. Online Store) that you may have.
Once this is done, your subscription(s) will be canceled immediately and will lapse on the expiry date.
What happens if I cancel my subscription?
You can cancel your Yola subscription at any time. There are three aspects to consider when doing this:
- Your hosting
- Your domain (if applicable)
- Your Yola account
Without custom domain hosting, visitors will no longer be able to access the site published to your custom domain. If you'd like to republish your site to your custom domain again, you can re-subscribe at any time.
When you purchase your domain it is registered to you until its expiry. Canceling auto-renew does not cancel the domain - it simply means that when your domain is close to expiry, you will receive renewal notifications as opposed to it being renewed automatically. If you no longer wish to use your domain, you can ignore those and your domain will expire naturally.
We advise you to keep your Yola account active, particularly if you have a domain. This ensures that you can still edit and publish your site to a Yola subdomain, and retain access to your domain's settings.
Please note: Cancelling your hosting subscription does not automatically cancel your domain subscription. These are done separately from each other.
How do I cancel my domain subscription?
- Log in to your My Yola account
- Click Domains along the top menu bar.
- Click the Cancel link to the right of the domain you'd like to cancel (If you do not see a Cancel link and only see a Renew link, this means the auto-renewal has already been canceled).
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to turn off your domain's auto-renewal, click Turn off Auto-renew.
- Your domain's subscription, and any Yola Mail or domain privacy subscriptions you have, will be canceled and will expire on its expiry date.
Please note: You will still receive renewal reminders before your domain is due to expire. If you would prefer not to renew your domain, you can ignore these reminders and leave your domain to expire.
What happens to my sites if I cancel my hosting package?
You will still have a Yola account and will be converted to a Yola Free account at the end of the subscription period. You may need to modify some account features (such as the number of sites, storage space used, domain pointing, custom tracking) to meet the Yola Free quotas before your cancellation period ends.
- Unpublishing from your custom domain.
- Deleting sites until you are within the two-site quota of Yola Free.
- Deleting files until you are within the storage limit of a Yola Free account (1GB per site).
- Deleting pages until you are within the 3-page limit required of a Yola Free account.
Please complete these steps before the end of your subscription period to ensure uninterrupted service to your sites. If this is not done, your sites will become unavailable to your visitors. You'll still be able to access your account, your Sitebuilder, and the sites in your account, but you won't be able to republish your sites until you meet the Yola Free quotas.
As part of the Yola Free service, you can publish your sites to free Yola subdomains, but not to your custom domain(s).
Other changes that will occur when you cancel your subscription include:
- The Yola Link will reappear.
- Premium Support will no longer apply.
What happens if I delete my account?
If you delete your account, you will no longer have access to your domain settings. For more information about account deletion, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.