Designing a website can be very fun, whether you are just getting started with the Sitebuilder or you have had the experience before. Here are a few tips to get you on the right path to making attractive Yola websites.
Keep in mind your reasons for creating a website in the first place - the aim of your site should dictate the manner in which you approach its design.
By now you must have some idea of what it is that you wish to achieve by having a website. Whether it's to raise the online profile of your company, promote and sell your services or products on the web, or promote your event, the aim of your site should dictate the manner in which you approach the design and building of it. Here are some tips that will ease the website building for you:
- Organize your content ahead of time by placing images and documents into folders.
- Keep your navigation simple, precise, and well ordered. Leave room for new pages.
- Avoid the use of very long text.
- Look & Learn. Look at other websites and learn what works well (and doesn't!).
- Choose an appropriate template for your website.
- Be consistent in your use of image treatment and tone of voice.
- Ensure that your copy is easy to read.
- Avoid large images or video files. Be sure to optimize all the files. For images, use 72dpi and jpeg as a guide.
- No-nos: Too many animations, grammatical and spelling errors, centered text paragraphs, and empty pages.
Most often, it's just a case of learning to avoid those mistakes that guarantee to make a site look unprofessional, no matter how attractive the design is.