If you need to apply a tax on certain items, you can do this easily by doing the following:
- Click Settings > Taxes.
- Click Manage Tax Rates.
- In the next screen, click Add new tax.
- Modify the following settings: - Tax name: for example, a certain region, e.g. the UK. - Tax applies to: subtotal or subtotal and shipping - Zone defines by: choose Shipping address or Billing address
- You can click Specify rates per zone and enter precise tax rates for each zone.
- To add more rates for each zone, click Add Rate.
- To remove a zone, click on the trash can icon.
- Once you are done customizing taxes, click Enable and Save.
This will now apply a tax only to orders sent to regions you have selected.