Sales reports help you track your performance. To manage your online store effectively, you need to know where your customers come from, which products they buy, and how effective are your special offers. To get these valuable data insights, you can use several types of reports in your Online Store.
Accessing sales reports
You can get the most important metrics for your store including the number of visitors, orders, revenue and conversion rates in Online Store > Sales > Reports.
Note: you may need to upgrade to see this feature.
You may need to install the reporting application. After you install it, the Reports and Analytics page will show basic metrics. You can find this page anytime at Reports > Stats. Here's how to customize the reports settings:
1. Select a period to research and mark which information you wish to include in your stats, such as top-selling products, revenue per order, and source of traffic.
Real-time sales tracking
Track sales the moment an order is placed with the Online Store mobile app. It will send push notifications to your iPhone, iPad, or Android device when an order is placed or a payment has been accepted. To learn more about managing your store on a mobile device, check out this tutorial.
Google Analytics reports
For more advanced statistics, you can access reports from Google Analytics. This tool can help you to better understand consumer behavior by analyzing traffic sources and visitor behavior on your site.
- Sales funnels— find what steps your customers take before they buy something or leave your store. This is also great to review your store’s checkout process.
- Visitor engagement — see how much time a visitor spends in your store and what pages they visit.
- Historical benchmarking — check how your acquisition channels performed this year versus last year.
Visit this tutorial to set up the Google Analytics account and connect it to your Online Store.
Sales reports in spreadsheets
Sales reports in spreadsheets
If you prefer to use a spreadsheet editor for sales reports, you can export order data in CSV format to arrange the data as you prefer.
To export your orders from the Online Store:
- Go to My Sales > Orders.
- Use the Filter tool to sort out the orders you want to analyze.
- Click Save filter to create a custom filter. Enter the name of the filter for future use.
4. Select the filtered orders and click Mass Update > Export selected.
5. Select the values you want to include in the report. Click on the value to deselect it and it will not appear in the report. You can also use one of the shortcuts All, All but item details, or None in the top right corner.
6. Select the right values delimiter for your report. This would indicate where one product attribute ends and another one begins. The Online Store supports three delimiters in CSV files: commas, semicolons, and a tabulation.
Tip: check what delimiters your spreadsheet editor supports for CSV files to ensure your file opens correctly.
7. Click the Download CSV File button at the bottom of the window to download the report to your computer.
This feature is available on all Online Store plans.