To add your offline sales, such as phone orders or sales in a brick-and-mortar store, you can create these orders manually. This way, your offline sales and inventory will be accounted for along with the rest of your online merchandise.
Tip: manual order creation helps maintain a comprehensive order history and stock control.
Create an order manually
To create an order manually:
- Go to My Sales > Order Editor.
- Click Create Order.
- Fill in the customer information. For returning customer, simply enter their email. Online Store will populate all other customer information automatically.
- Click EDIT next to the SHIPPING METHOD and select the preferred shipping option. Online Store will provide a dropdown with available options.
Choose the shipping method and click Save to confirm.
- Click Edit next to the Payment and add the name of the payment option.
- The order is pre-populated with a default product. Click the Edit pencil icon to change the product. Enter the product SKU and the number of items purchased. Online Store will populate all other information.
Note: To amend the number of products remaining in stock you must go to the individual product listing and change the number.
- Click Add product to add more items to the order. Repeat step 6 to edit the product.
- Edit the shipping information, taxes, and discounts. Once done, click Save changes.
- Check the information about the order and click the Place order button in the upper right corner.
Congratulations! Your order has been created and is now visible in the list of orders.
Tip: If you run an offline store and process sales using Square, Clover or Vend POS, you can sync your catalog and sales automatically by connecting the POS system to the Online Store.
This feature is available on all Online Store plans.