Activating Control Panes
You can activate different menus to perform different actions with blocks and block elements on a page. Instead of navigating a cluttered workspace, you activate only the menu for the element you want to change.
All you need for the Control Pane to get activated is to do is to click over the block, image, or icon that you wish to modify.
Click or highlight a word in the text to activate a Text editing menu:
When using a Sitebuilder on mobile, instead of hovering over, simply tap on any element you wish to modify.
Entering text on a page
Changing or editing text in Yola Sitebuilder is as easy as clicking on the text box or title you want to edit. You can type your text directly in the browser replacing the placeholder text.
You can paste text from another program like Microsoft Word or Google Drive into the Sitebuilder. The text will not carry over hidden styling that interferes with how your content displays. Your formatting will be preserved.
Formatting the text
1. Highlight the portion of the text that you want to format. The text area you are formatting is highlighted with a border:
2. In the text formatting menu, choose from the following icons:
3. Combine these formatting options as you would do in a regular text editor.
Changing the text color
You can change the color of any text segment, from a single word to the entire paragraph, in just three clicks:
1. Highlight the text you would like to change the color for.
2. Click on the Text Color selector icon:
3. Pick a new color from the pre-selected range:
You can also assign new custom colors to quickly use when changing text color formatting on your website.
If you want to remove all the formatting from a text segment, you need to highlight the text and click the Clear icon in the menu that appears:
Remember to publish your website to apply the new changes.
Removing demo content
When creating a site with the Sitebuilder, you will see that each block comes pre-loaded with demo content to highlight the design. The demo content is intended as inspiration only! If you like a block’s content structure, you can edit it and replace the content with your own images and text. To do this, click on any place in the text and start typing.
Copying and pasting text
You can copy text from your text editor and paste it directly on the page. The existing formatting will be preserved.
- To copy the text into your clipboard: highlight the text to copy and press Command ⌘ +C (iOS) or Ctrl+V (Windows) combination.
- To paste the contents of the clipboard: Press Command ⌘ + V (Mac) or Ctrl+V (Windows) combination.
Tip: to quickly highlight the entire paragraph place your cursor on it and press Command ⌘+A (iOS) or Ctrl+A (Windows).
Deleting text from a page
You both create and delete any amount of text in the Sitebuilder by using the computer keyboard. You can use the same familiar keys to delete text: Backspace and Delete. How these keys work, and how much of your text they can delete, depends on how you use them.
The Backspace and Delete keys are used to delete single characters:
- Backspace: Deletes the character to the left of the insertion pointer
- Delete: Deletes the character to the right of the insertion pointer
After you delete a character, any text to the right or below the character shuffles over to fill the void. You can also press and hold Backspace or Delete to continuously delete characters in the Sitebuilder.
The Sitebuilder has two ways to delete bigger portions of text.
- To delete a word: Point the mouse at the word and double-click to highlight it. Press the Delete or Backspace key to make the word disappear.
2. To delete a paragraph: Point the mouse at the paragraph, click the mouse button three times, and press the Delete or Backspace key.
After deleting the word or any portion of the text, the Sitebuilder wraps up the remaining text and updates the block design.
You can also delete blocks and block elements from the page. Visit this tutorial to learn how to do it.
Other helpful articles