You can give your website message a whole new dimension by adding an animated image as a background to blocks and pages.
Before you start
You can find a lot of relevant animated .gif files available for a download. Use this Google search or try these websites to download animated images for your background:
- Motionelements.com (paid)
Add an animated background image
1. Navigate to the page and a block where you want to add an animated background.
2. Hover over any area on the page to trigger the block editing menu. Click on the Replace image icon.
3. Locate an animated .gif file on your computer and select it.
Note: your file size should not exceed 5 Mb. To upload larger files, you will be prompted to upgrade.
4. Your animated background will be automatically resized and added as a background.
Can I add a video background to a page?
You cannot add a video background but we are working on this. As a workaround, please consider adding an animated .gif file as your background image.
Before you start, you should convert your video file (MP4, WebM, AVI, MPEG, FLV, MOV, 3GP, or another format) into a .gif format. There are a number of free tools available, which you can find using this Google search or using one of these tools: