You can reset your website and switch to another template. This is helpful when you want to completely overhaul the look and feel of your website. Whether you want to test various templates quickly, or you just want to wipe the slate clean and start over, resetting your site and switching the template is the way to go.
Before you go ahead with the reset
As a precaution, save all the content of your website, including texts and custom images.
Understanding the difference between switching and reset
Template switching allows you to keep all your existing content, including text, images, pages, links, downloadable files, and more. Resetting a site recreates the site from scratch and all your existing content is deleted.
In the Website menu, choose the Design... option:
Go to the Templates tab and click Switch template button:
You will be taken to the Template gallery where you can choose the new template for your site.
Resetting your site
In this article, you will learn how to reset your website in a few simple steps.
1. Go to the Website menu and choose Settings from the drop-down list.
2. In the General tab, scroll down to the red highlighted area Danger zone.
3. If you want to reset the website and proceed with the new template, click the Switch template button. Don't worry, your content including text and images will remain intact.
5. You will be taken to the Template Gallery. Choose the new template you want to use. Use the convenient category list to quickly locate the design best suited for your website or business.
6. Learn more about the template by clicking the i icon:
7. Happy with the template? Click on it to preview how it looks on various devices. More about previewing the template.
8. Once done, click Use this template and continue to set up your new site.