You can reset your website and switch to another template. This is helpful when you want to completely overhaul the look and feel of your website. Whether you want to test various templates quickly, or you just want to wipe the slate clean and start over, resetting your site and switching the template is the way to go.
Before you go ahead with the reset
As a precaution, save all the content of your website, including texts and custom images. While your content will be preserved during the switch, it's better to save your content in text files and images in folders.
In the Website menu, choose Design... option:
Go to the Templates tab and click Switch template button:
You will be taken to the Template gallery where you can choose the new template for your site.
Resetting your site
In this article, you will learn how to reset your website in a few simple steps.
1. Go to the Website menu and choose Settings from the drop-down list.
2. Scroll down to the red highlighted area Danger zone.
3. If you want to reset the website and proceed with the new template, click the Reset site button. You will be prompted to confirm your decision by typing RESET in the field. This entry is not case-sensitive.
4. Click Submit to confirm changes.
5. You will be taken to the Template Gallery. Choose the new template you want to use. Use the convenient category list to quickly locate the design best suited for your website or business.
6. Learn more about the template by clicking the i icon:
7. Happy with the template? Click on it to preview how it looks on various devices. More about previewing the template.
8. Continue through the Site Setup Wizard to set up your new site.