There are two places where you can change a website’s name you specified during the onboarding:
- In the website editor.
- In My Yola Dashboard.
Note: The website name and website address are different things. The website name is the text you see on your site in the upper-left corner and in My Yola Dashboard, while the website address is the text you see in your browser address bar.
Changing your website’s name in the website editor
You can change the name of your website by typing it inline in the header.
- Click the website name in the Header block to highlight it.
- Type in the new site name.
- Publish your website to make these changes live.
Note: Your new site name will automatically change in the footer and the copyright notice, so you don’t have to do it manually.
Changing your website’s name in the My Yola Dashboard
If you have a few Yola websites, it’d be helpful to tell them apart by the names.
To change the website’s name displayed in My Yola Dashboard, follow these steps:
- When in the editor, click the Menu button (three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner).
- In the Side menu, click Settings to open the Website settings window.
- In the first section of the General tab, you will see an editable Site name field. Type in your new website name there and click Submit.
- Publish to make changes live.