Contact blocks help your visitors easily get in touch with you and also to find your location. Your contact page plays an important role in turning your visitors into customers and with Contact blocks, you have everything you need to land new clients.
Here’s how to add the Contact block:
- Choose a location where you want to add your contact details and/or contact forms and click on the Add a block + button.
- In the Block Library, navigate to the Contact section and click on a block that fits your business needs.
There are several elements of Contact blocks available:
- A Google Map is useful if your business relies on customers coming to a physical location.
- Contact form to make it easy for your website visitors to get in touch with you.
- Business address, business hours, and social media icons.
3. Click on the Contact block you like and it will appear on your page.
Customizing a Contact block with a map and business details
Insert the block as described above and hover your cursor over any element to bring up the control panel. Click on the “gear” Block settings icon.
The Block settings menu will appear.
In the Layout tab, you can change the block layout and quickly preview how it will look like on your website design:
In the Appearance tab, you can customize the block design, you can change the following settings:
- Block elements: Choose which block elements should be displayed (Block title, contact form, and block media)
- Block color scheme: light, colored, or dark
- Block layout: you can make it full-screen
- Content orientation: choose where the map will be displayed
- Block spacing: Adjust the margins that separate the block from other content
- Add black and white filter
Once you are done customizing the Block settings, click Save to confirm the changes.
Editing text in the title and subtitles
To replace the demo text with your own text in the Contact block, simply click on any word on the page and start typing. You can also paste the text from the text editor.
Editing the map
- Hover over the map and click on the Change External URL icon.
2. Follow the steps to enter your location details outlined in this tutorial.
Editing business details
You can edit the business address, phone number, email, business hours, and social media links directly by typing in the new information. Format your text and add new links as desired.
Editing the contact form
You can edit the email address where the form submissions will be sent, as well as the success message. To do this, choose a new layout with a contact form in the Layouts tab:
To customize the form, hover your cursor over the form and click on the Edit form icon.
Enter the target email address and the success message. To learn more about how to edit the forms, read this article collection.
Once you are done editing the form, click Save to confirm the changes.
Happy with the way your Contact block looks? Click Publish to make your changes live.