With flat-rate shipping, you can set a flat shipping rate, or specify free shipping.
To begin, first create a Destination Zone:
- Go to Shipping & Pickup > Zones.
- Click +Add New Zone.
- Enter a name for the zone, i.e. United States.
- Click Add Country.
- Select the country/countries from the list.
- Click Add Countries.
- Repeat for regions, states, and zip codes as needed.
- Click Save.
Once you have a zone, you can set up shipping.
To create a flat rate shipping method:
- Go to Shipping & Pickup > Shipping & Pickup
- Click the +Add Shipping Method button.
- Choose the carrier you want to customize, for example, Royal Mail.
- Click Flat rate. Give this method a name, for example, Standard delivery.
- Click Shipping rate & delivery speed.
- Set a shipping rate by entering the shipping cost as either a flat amount or a flat percentage of the total price.
- Set a delivery speed by entering a number of business days.
- Choose which zone this rate applies to, and if necessary, click Create a new link to add a new destination.
- When you're finished, click Save & Finish.
If you have one method, but would like to offer different shipping rates (e.g. one for your country, and one for other countries), you need to configure two zones. Once you have your zones set up, it's easy to specify shipping costs per zone.
If you want to offer free shipping to all customers near your store, create a new zone with your country, state, and zip code. This means that each condition you have for shipping should have a zone.
This feature is available on all Online Store plans.