The Online Store supports shipping options worldwide and also gives you the flexibility to choose your shipping provider. There are three different shipping calculations available:
- Flat rate: Set a flat shipping rate, or specify free shipping.
- Custom table: Customize your shipping costs by weight, number of items or cart total.
- Carrier-calculated: Automatically calculate costs based on the carrier rates table.
Before setting up shipping, you will want to create destination zones. Destination zones are used for shipping rules that apply to a specific geographical area. For example, if you would like to create two different shipping rates, one for your country and one for all other countries, you need two zones, one with only your country and the other one with all other countries.
- Go to Shipping & Pickup and click Zones
- Set up Zones depending on your plans to sell internationally.
- Click Add new zone and customize the zone settings.
- Add Region, State, or Zip code where you plan to ship.
- Once done, click Save.
You can manage shipping settings to get more precise rates. Here's how you do this:
- Go to Shipping & Pickup to the Shipping settings section and click Shipping origin information.
- Enter the address from where you will be shipping your orders.
- Click Save to confirm changes.
Customizing shipping methods
You can add new shipping methods that you plan to use in your store. Choose to deliver your products using the most popular carriers and enable customers to pick up products in your physical location.
To add a new carrier, click the Add shipping method button. On the next page, you will have an option to choose a carrier that is added automatically based on your store's location.
- Choose the suggested carrier and set up Free shipping, Flat rate or set up Custom rates.
- Set up a local delivery
- Set up another carrier: enter the name of the carrier that you would like to set up.
Tip: you can click on the View all carriers link to see the full list of carriers supported by Online Store.
Setting up the dropshipping address
If you deliver goods from another country, you can set up an address from where your goods are actually shipped. To customize this address, click on the Change country link.
On the next page, you can enter the alternative address from where the orders will be fulfilled.
Once done customizing, click Save.
Adding in-store pickup
You can customize the details where your customers can pick up their orders. To do this, navigate to the Add pickup option and enter your store address and working hours.
You can also ask customers to specify when they will be picking items up. To do this:
1. Check the Ask for pickup date and time at checkout toggle.
Enter your business hours.
2. Customize the Order fulfillment time. Click on the link and choose which option you want the customer to see.
Once done customizing, click Add Pickup Option to confirm changes.
This feature is available on all Online Store plans.