This type of block can be used to describe various features of your product or the various services that you deliver. You can customize the icons and place links to individual pages that describe these features in more detail.
Adding the Columns block
Here’s how you add a Columns block:
- 1. In the Website menu, click on Pages... In the Pages panel, select the page where you want to add the block.
- Hover over the area where you would like to add a block and click the + Add Block button.
- When the Block Library opens, navigate to Columns in the left-hand menu.
- Choose the Columns block that fits in your website creation plan. The new block will appear on the page with the demo content. Now you can start customizing it. You can change the block layout later.
Customizing block settings
You have several options to make the Columns block truly yours. To activate the control panel, click anywhere on the block and then click the Block Settings icon:
In the Layout section, you can fully switch the block layout or hide some of the block elements. To fully switch the block layout, simply click the respective button and select a new block content layout:
To hide a specific block element (for example, if you want to remove a button), remove the blue tick next to its name.
In the Appearance tab, you can make the following changes:
- Block style: Change the color scheme of the block.
Block spacing: Change the whitespaces on the top and bottom of the block.
- Content layout: Choose the number of items in a row.
Content style: add border or add shadow to make the elements stand out on the page:
Once you are done customizing block settings, click Save.
Duplicating Columns block elements
You can duplicate any of the block’s elements to create space for more features or services. Hover over the element you wish to duplicate and click on the Duplicate icon that looks like two sheets of paper.
The identical element will appear to the right of the original element.
Note: the design of the block will be adapted automatically to preserve the look and feel of your website.
You can move columns across the block, for example, if you want to present certain services or features more prominently. To move the block element do the following:
- Hover over the element you want to move and click on the “crossed arrows” Move icon.
- Grab the element and drag it where you want it to appear.
- Release and the blocks will rearrange.
If you want to delete any element of the Columns block, you can easily do this by hovering over the element and clicking on the “trash can” Delete icon.
This action can be reversed by pressing Undo or Ctrl-Z.
Customizing block icons
You can customize any icon that appears in the Columns block. Here’s how you do that:
You can link buttons to another page of your website, for example, the Contact us page or a landing page with your offer. You can also link the buttons to a page on another website or enable users to send an email from this page. To learn more about how to customize buttons, read this article.