Customer Groups allow you to group your customers under certain criteria, for example:
- Repeat customers
- Friends and family
- And more!
By creating groups you can provide special discounts which help to drive sales in your online store and also improve customer loyalty. To offer discounts, you can create discount coupons or unique codes that customers can apply at checkout and obtain a discount on their purchase.
This feature is available on Professional and Unlimited Online Store plans.
Creating a customer group
To manage your customer groups, go to Settings > Customer Groups.
1. To create a new customer group, click on the Add New Customer Group button.
2. Type in the name of the group in a field.
3. Click the Save button or Ctrl-S to apply changes.
4. To delete a group, click on the trash can icon next to the name of the group.
Assigning customers to groups
Here's how you can populate your groups with customers.
1. Control Panel > My sales > Customers.
2. Click on the "-" sign in the Customer Group column. By default, all customers are being assigned to the General group.
3. In the drop-down menu, choose the group where you want to move the customers.
4. Click Save to confirm the change.
Now you are ready to configure discounts for your groups, for example, offer a wholesale discount to the members of the Wholesale group.