You can easily put your products in front of millions of buyers by integrating your Online Store with eBay. To sell products on this online shopping giant, you will be using a Codisto app. This third party service helps you list your products eBay and synchronize the sales with Online Store. The Codisto feature list includes:
- Products export from the Online Store
- Automatic sync of products inventory and orders
- Export of product variations
- Ability to sell on all eBay sites
- Easy setup of shipping, payment, and return policies straight from your Online Store settings
- Set up separate stock level and price for products exported to eBay and Amazon
- Assigning different eBay categories to different products
- Tracking customer feedback and messages in your control panel
Starting with Codisto
To start connecting your Online Store with the eBay platform, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Sales Channels > eBay. Click on the button Install. Codisto LINQ app will present a window with two choices on which marketplace to connect:
2. When you click on Connect eBay, you will be prompted to enter your eBay account credentials. Enter them manually or sign in with your Facebook or Google accounts.
3. On the next page, you will be prompted to grant Codisto access to your eBay account. Click on I agree button.
4. In the next window, click Choose your eBay site link and choose your target eBay local site from the dropdown list.
After choosing your site, click on Continue to Setup button.
eBay Quantity Rule
You can set the following quantity defaults:
- Web quantity: eBay is synced to Online Store inventory which gets automatically reduced after sales on any of the marketplaces.
- Fixed Quantity: eBay quantity is not synced with your Online Store quantity. It is a fixed quantity and doesn't change even when items are sold. You must carefully watch stock levels to ensure that you can fulfill your orders.
- Quantity Buffer: eBay quantity is synced with your Online Store quantity but is lower by the buffer amount. For example, Online Store quantity of 10 items with a buffer of 3 will show 7 on eBay. Online Store quantity of 2 with a buffer of 3 will show 0 on eBay. This helps avoid overselling your items, especially if you are selling on multiple marketplaces.
- Max Quantity: eBay quantity is synced with your Online Store quantity but will only show the max quantity entered. Unless Online Store quantity is lower than max quantity then Online Store quantity is shown. This is useful for implying scarcity or getting around eBay listing limits. For example, Online Store quantity of 50 with max quantity of 10 will show 10 on eBay. Online Store quantity of 8 with max quantity of 10 will show 8 on eBay.
2. Shipping & Returns
You can add multiple default shipping services for both domestic and international as well as specify ship to various locations. Choose available shipping options from the dropdown menu.
Scroll down to set up your default return policy. Choose if you accept or don't accept returns, the duration of a period when you accept returns, and what kind of refund you offer (money back, exchange, and terms of exchange.) Enter your return policy details in the window on the right.
Once done, click Next.
3. Categories defaults
eBay has an option to enable auto-categorization which compares the product being listed with similar products already on eBay and determines the most appropriate eBay category. The choice of the automated category selected is determined by a number of factors (e.g. quality of product data and number of similar items on eBay). To turn auto-categorization on, tick Enabled.
Note: Initially, items are listed in Other category and after a few minutes the category is updated.
If you select Disabled, you will need to manually set categories for individual or groups of products in the Marketplace Listings grid before submitting the listing.
This function automatically lists all new products added to your Online Store catalog after the initial setup process has been completed. When you are first setting your eBay connection, this function is disabled because all products are seen as new by the app until the setup wizard has completed.
Click Next to proceed.
5. Order defaults
- Choose whether Codisto should automatically send orders to your Online Store from eBay or not. Choose All to enable auto-send for all listings or Codisto Managed only the products Codisto LINQ is managing. This helps avoid duplicated orders.
- Choose whether to receive orders in your Online Store when the customer has committed to buy or when they have completed payment.
- Choose to have positive feedback sent to eBay customers once they have completed a transaction.
Click Next to confirm changes. You are done configuring defaults!
Note: you can always modify defaults in Settings.
Understanding the product grid
You can create and edit your product listings in the Marketplace Listings grid. This is a spreadsheet-style interface where each tab represents a different Amazon and eBay connected marketplace and offers separate configuration for each. View this tutorial for setting up your products on Amazon.
Each row of the grid represents a single product in your catalog (any child SKUs are found by clicking the ‘+’ symbol on rows). Scroll the grid vertically to view all your products.
Each column represents a different field for your products. The fixed left-hand side columns show the details from your product catalog in your Online Store and their listing status on eBay. Click on Enable to make the listing active.
The right-hand side shows the marketplace settings and values. Scroll the grid horizontally to view additional settings. You can customize the grid by clicking on the button and choosing the fields you want to view. This is helpful when you don't plan to change your default settings often.
Edit the product title
To edit the title, click on it and type a new one.
Edit product description
Enter a new product description and format it as you would in a regular text editor. Once done, click OK to submit a new description to eBay.
Once you are done editing your product, click on eBay logo to synchronize changes with eBay.
Manage your eBay orders
You can view your eBay orders by choosing eBay tab and clicking Marketplace Orders.
Manage your eBay store settings
Navigate to the Settings tab to change the following settings:
- Manage Marketplaces: add another eBay account, change the marketplace, or Unlink your account.
- Update Defaults: click to modify your default settings.
- Manage Currencies: here you can choose how frequently you want the currency exchange rate to be updated. Choose the desired frequency from the drop-down menu.
- Edit Settings: click here to change your eBay store logo, payment methods (Paypal, money orders, or direct deposit), default location, measurement and weight units, and how frequently you want to synchronize your Online Store catalog and prices with your eBay store.
Once you have successfully completed the store setup, you will be able to manage your eBay listings directly from the Online Store:
This feature is available on all paid Online Store plans.