Incorporating links to your social media accounts on your website is a simple yet effective way to leverage the benefits of both platforms. It helps you grow your online presence, engage with your audience, and promote your content and brand more effectively.
You can add links to your social media profiles in these blocks:
- Header block
- Footer block
- Contacts block
- Team block
- Forms block
Before you begin
First, you should set up your social media accounts so that they can be added to your website.
Second, copy the URLs of your social media profiles and keep them handy.
Connecting your social media icon to an account
Here’s how to add your social media profile:
- Choose the block that contains social media icons in the Blocks library (listed in the paragraph above) and add it to the canvas.
- If the social media icons are not visible in the block by default, go to its Block settings and tick the Business social profiles option, then click Save. The social media icons will appear in the block.
Click the social media icons container. In its control pane, click Social links settings.
In the Social links settings menu, locate the social media profile you want to edit and click its Settings.
- Type or paste your social media link in the Link URL field. You can also change an icon by clicking the Choose icon button and selecting the icon you like from the icon library. Click Submit when you’re done.
- Repeat these steps for all social media accounts you want to connect, and then click Submit in the Social links settings menu. Remember to publish your site to make changes live.
Adding more social media icons
Sitebuilder has pre-designed icons and fields for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter. You can add more social media accounts. Here's how to do it:
Click the round Plus (+) button in the Social links settings menu.
- In the New Icon menu, type or paste a new social media link in the Link URL field.
- The icon for the link will be updated automatically, but if you want to change it, click the Choose icon button and select the icon you like from the icon library.
- Click Submit and then Submit again to add the new icon to the canvas.
Publish your site to make the changes live.
Swapping the social media icons in a row
If you need to swap your icons, go to the Social links settings menu, hover over the social media link, grab its hamburger icon that appeared, and drag-and-drop it to the location you want, as shown in a video below. Then click Submit.
Deleting social media icons
To delete one of the pre-designed icons, follow these steps:
- Click the social media icons container. In its control pane, click Social links settings.
In the Social links settings menu, locate the social media profile you want to delete and click its Delete button.
- Click Submit and publish your site to make the changes live.
Adding social media links to the footer
Your footer block icons update automatically when you add social media profiles to your header. To view the links, click the social media icons in the footer and then click Social links settings.
Any changes to the links that you make in the footer will automatically update the header.
Note: Icons will automatically match the colors of your website palette. If you want to change them, follow the instructions from this article.
We hope you find this article helpful. If you have any questions left, please contact our Support Team.
Ready to use your new knowledge? – Edit your site!