Google remarketing, also called retargeting, helps you connect with people who previously visited your Online Store. Remarketing helps deliver your Google ads in front of these people as they browse Google or its partner websites. This helps you increase your brand awareness or remind those visitors to make a purchase from your Online Store. Benefits of remarketing are threefold:
- Timely targeting: You show your ads to people who have previously browsed your Online Store so they are more likely to make a purchase.
- Product-focused: remarketing targets people who added a specific product to their shopping cart but didn’t complete a transaction.
- Efficient pricing: You can create high-performance remarketing campaigns with real-time bidding which calculates the optimal bid for the person viewing your ad so you don't pay any extra.
Enable Google Remarketing
To enable Google Remarketing, go to Reports > Reports Dashboard and scroll down to Google Remarketing.
Note: make sure to set up Google Analytics with your Online Store property number.
2. Toggle the switch to Enabled to start collecting remarketing data.
3. Click Save to confirm changes. Google Remarketing statistics will be available in your Google Analytics dashboard within 24 hours.
Next steps in remarketing
Now, all you need to do is build audiences in Google Analytics and import them into Google AdWords. Continue to your Google Analytics account: simply log in and click Admin in the bottom left-hand corner.
2. Select Audiences under Audience Definitions.
3. Click +New Audience.
4. Fill in all required parameters.
5. Click Save.
Set up a remarketing campaign
To use remarketing, you'll need to choose a campaign type that's supported.
Display Network campaigns
To use remarketing on the Display Network, choose Display Network only > Marketing objectives > Drive action > Buy on your website when you create your campaign.
Search Network campaigns
To use remarketing lists for search ads, choose Search Network only - All features as your campaign type when you create your campaign. If you have a Search Network only - Standard or Search Network with Display Select - Standard campaign, you won't be able to add remarketing lists to your campaign.