Blocks are your site’s elements designed to help you customize the pages. Sitebuilder+ offers more than 20 various block types, such as Text, Images, Video, Headline, Products, Contacts, and more. View the full block type list.
Blocks come predesigned to match the look and feel of your template. This helps preserve your website’s clean and professional layout on any device.
Tip: Think of your site structure as the one that is divided horizontally – blocks go one on top of another, but not side to side.
Adding a new block to your template
You can insert blocks between existing blocks, on top of them, or below them to create a page structure that fits your website strategy. Here’s how you do this:
- Highlight any existing block on your page. You will see two (+) Plus buttons – on its top and bottom.
- Decide whether you want your new block to be above or below the existing one, and click the corresponding button to open the Blocks library.
- Choose the type of block you need from the list. Scroll down to see all the options or use the search field at the top of the Blocks library.
- After you click the desired block type, the available predesigned blocks will appear in the new screen section. Choose your block’s layout from the available options.
- Click the block to add it to the page.
Tip: You can get access to even more blocks, such as Custom block and Media block, with our Premium subscriptions.
Adding a block to an empty page
After adding an empty page, you see a Start building your page banner in the middle of the page. Click the (+) Plus button to open the Blocks library.
The next steps are similar to Adding a block to your template.
Note: You can add an unlimited number of blocks to your pages. Use blocks in hundreds of combinations to create your unique website. No need to worry about spacing, margins, or compatibility. All blocks in your particular template have been designed to mix and match while preserving the professional, polished look of your site.
After you’ve added a block, you can edit its settings, move it, duplicate, or delete it. Learn how to customize your blocks from our Managing blocks tutorial.
We hope this article helped you. If you have any questions left, please contact our Support Team.
Ready to use your new knowledge? – Edit your site!