Blocks create a page layout combining text, images, videos, forms, and other elements. Adding a block is the first step in creating your website page. In this article, you will learn how to add a new block using the Add a block + button.
Adding blocks to a blank page
To add a new page:
- Navigate to the Pages… link in the Website menu in the top left corner of the Sitebuilder.
- Click Add a new page link and set a name for your new page.
- You will see a message that says Start building your page.
Note: This message is only visible to you. To visitors, the page will display as blank without any text.
4. Click on the Add a block + button and you will be taken to the Block Library.
5. To find the right block, browse the list of block categories at the left. You can also use the Search field at the top of the Block Library menu to search for specific types of blocks using words like image, text, form, etc.
For this example, we have entered the word form to find blocks that contain forms.
5. Click on a block to select it. The new block will appear on the page. It will contain demo content to help you understand the block structure.
Depending on the block type, you can customize Block settings by hovering over the block and clicking on the “gear” icon.
You can modify block appearance or remove some of its elements in the Block Settings menu.
Adding more blocks to the page
You can insert blocks between existing blocks, on top of them or below them to create a page structure that fits your website strategy. Here’s how you do this:
- Open the page where you want to add a new block from the Pages… menu.
- Hover over the border of the block and the Add a block + button will appear.
- Click on the button to open up a Block Library and choose a block to add to the page.
- Click on the block to select it and it will appear on the page.
- Edit the Block settings as described above.