Attaching downloadable files to links is as simple as creating plain links. By clicking on a link, your site visitor will have a file downloaded to their computer, which is useful for things like application forms, e-books, or presentations.
Here's how you can attach a downloadable file to a link:
- Highlight the words that you want to turn into a link.
- Click on the Link (chain) icon to open the Link settings menu.
- In the drop-down Click action menu choose Download a file option:
- Click the Choose a file and locate the file you want to attach to this link.
- Click Open and it will be uploaded to your site.
- Click Submit to confirm the changes. To make them live, click Publish in the upper-right corner of the Sitebuilder.
Changing the downloadable file
You can always replace the file you made available for download. Here is how to do it:
- Head over to the link and click on the Link (chain) icon.
- In the Link settings menu, click on the file name to select another file on your computer.
- Once the new file is added, click Submit and then Publish to make the changes live.
Deleting a downloadable link
If you have decided not to offer a file for download anymore, you can delete the link by clicking the Delete link button in the Link settings menu:
Continue to Submit and Publish to confirm the link deletion.
What file size and format can my visitors download?
The maximum size of a file you can link depends on your hosting plan. For Yola Free and Yola Bronze subscription plans the maximum file size is 5MB, for Yola Silver it is 100MB and for Yola Gold it is 150MB.
A file of any format can be linked in our Sitebuilder. Most often, you will want to link to the following file formats:
- Portable Document Format (.pdf)
- Microsoft Word (.docx)
- JPEG (.jpg)
- ZIP archive (.zip)
- PNG (.png)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx)
Other helpful articles
Managing navigation in the header