Offering download links for files through your website is possible in the same way as you create links. Yola Sitebuilder offers the ability to upload a file at the same time as you make a link. Here's how you can do it:
1. Go to the page where you would like to add the link.
2. Highlight the words to turn into an active link, and click on the Link (chain) icon to open the Link editing menu. In the example below 'awards' word was highlighted. This highlighted word containing the link is called 'anchor text'.
3. Open the Link editing menu. In the drop-down Click action menu choose Download a file option:
4. Click on Choose a file button and locate the file you want to become available for a download on your computer. Click Open and it will be uploaded to your site.
5. Click Submit to confirm the changes. To make the link live, click Publish.
6. Now your visitors can download the file by clicking on the awards link.
Changing the downloadable file
To replace the file you made available for the download, do the following:
1. Head over to the link and click on the chain icon.
2. In the link editing menu, click on the cross next to the file name you have currently enabled for download.
3. Click on Choose a file button and select another file from your computer.
4. Click on Submit and then Publish to make the changes live. Your visitors will now be able to download a new file.
Deleting a downloadable link
If you have decided not to offer a file for download anymore, you can delete the link by clicking the Delete link button in the Link editing menu:
Continue to Submit and Publish to confirm the link deletion.
What file size and format can my visitors download?
You can make a file of any size and format available for your users. Most often, you will want to link to the following file formats:
- Portable Document Format (.pdf)
- Ms Word (.doc)
- JPEG (.jpg)
- ZIP archive (.zip)
- PNG (.png)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt)