Attaching downloadable files to links is as simple as creating plain links. By clicking a link, your site visitor will have a file downloaded to their computer or opened in a new tab, which is useful for things like application forms, e-books, presentations, price lists, and restaurant menus.
Here's how you can attach a downloadable file to a link:
Highlight the word or phrase you want to turn into a link and click the Link icon on the text control pane.
In the Link settings window, choose the click action for the link from the dropdown list.
Click the Choose a file button and locate the file you want to attach to this link on your device.
- Click Open, and it will be uploaded to your site.
- You have two options: To let your visitors download the file to their device or open it in a new tab. The Download on computer option is ticked by default. Click the radio button next to the Open in a new tab option if you want to change it.
- Another optional setting you have here is Set Download URL.
- Change the link title in the Title field if needed.
- Click Submit to confirm the changes. To make them live, click Publish in the upper-right corner of the Sitebuilder.
Changing the downloadable file
You can replace the file you made available for download. Here is how to do it:
- Click the link and click the Link icon on the text control pane.
- In the Link settings window, click the file name or the Choose file button to select another file on your computer. Click Open to upload it to your site.
- Once the new file is added, click Submit and then Publish to make the changes live.
Deleting a downloadable link
To remove a file for download, you can delete the link by clicking the Delete link button in the Link settings window.
Then Submit and Publish to confirm the link deletion.
File size and format
The maximum file size you can link depends on your hosting plan. For Yola Free and Yola Bronze subscription plans, the maximum file size is 5 MB. For Yola Silver, it is 100 MB, and for Yola Gold, it is 150 MB.
A file of any format can be linked in the Sitebuilder. Most often, you will want to link to the following file formats:
- Portable Document Format (.pdf)
- Microsoft Word (.docx)
- JPEG (.jpg)
- ZIP archive (.zip)
- PNG (.png)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx)
We hope you find this article helpful. If you have any questions left, please contact our Support Team.
Ready to use your new knowledge? – Edit your site!