Your page title is very important for search engine optimization. Here are the main reasons:
- The page title is shown in the search results. This is what users see even before visiting your website.
- The page title tells search engines what the page is about.
- The title is also used as the title of a page or post when shared in social media. For example, when you paste a link on Facebook, the snippet will show the title of the page.
Entering a page title
It's very important to give each page a unique title. Here's how you can do it:
1. Go to the Pages menu in the horizontal menu in the Sitebuilder and choose the page you want to customize.
2. Click on the Page settings icon:
3. Enter the SEO-friendly page title. Make sure you follow these best practices:
- A page title should accurately describe the page content
- Make the title brief and informative (typically less than 60 characters)
- Include your target keywords (but no keyword stuffing)
- Create a title for users and not search engines
Tip: Add your domain name to your homepage title but watch out for the length.
Once you are done creating your SEO-friendly short, descriptive title that includes your target keyword, click Submit.
To update your page title online, click Publish. You can now see your new page title in the browser tab and when you share the page on social media.
The page title and navigation
The Navigation label for your page is not the same as the page title. Your new page title will be updated in the list of pages in the Pages menu.
You can enter the navigation label for your page separately in the Navigation menu.