What is personal data?
Any data that can be used to identify an individual is called personal data. There’s a lot that can fall into that category:
- Email address
- First and last names
- City or town plus country
- Shipping or billing addresses
- Social security number
Anonymous data can also be classified as “personally identifiable information if it can be used in connection with another type of data to identify an individual.
- The California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
- Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- Australia’s Privacy Act
- United Kingdom's Data Protection Act 1998 (or DPA)
- EU's Data Protection Directive
- Singapore's Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA)
- You show your customers that you can be trusted with their personal data.
- You provide customers with clarity on how much personal data your company controls.
- You verify whether your data protection practices are legally compliant.
- You should include the legal name and business address of your company.
- You should include the contact details of your Data Protection Officer (DPO).
3. Click Submit to confirm your changes.
1. Go to the Website settings menu and scroll to the Cookie & User data. Click the field to enable the Cookie consent banner.