Testimonials blocks demonstrate how other customers have benefited from your product or service. This makes Testimonials block a powerful tool for establishing trust and encouraging potential customers to take action. You can also use these blocks to add customer and media reviews. So let’s see how you can let your happy clients do the talking!
Adding the block
Here’s how to add the Testimonials block:
- Choose a location where you want to add a testimonial block and click on the Add Block + button.
- In the Block library, navigate to the Testimonials section and click on a block that contains just the right number of testimonials (remember, you can add more testimonials at a later stage!)
- Click on it and the block will be automatically inserted into the page.
Customizing Testimonials block
Insert the block as described above and hover over any element to bring up the dialog box. Click on the “gear” Block settings icon and the menu will appear.
In the Layout tab, you can change the layout of the block so it has more or fewer testimonials:
In the Appearance tab, you can change the way the block is styled:
- Block style: Choose the color theme of the block
- Block elements: Choose to show the block title, author photo, author description, primary and secondary button
- Content layout: Choose the number of items in a row
- Block spacing: Adjust whitespaces of this block at the top and the bottom
- Media settings: Add a black and white filter (make images black and white) and make images round or square.
Once you are done customizing the Block settings, click Save to confirm the changes.
You can customize all blocks with testimonials in the same way.
Editing text in the testimonial
To replace the demo text with your own text in the Testimonials block, simply click on any line anywhere on the page and start typing. You can also paste the text from a text editor you are using.
You can replace demo images in the Testimonials block with your customers’ own photographs. Here’s how you can do it: Editing images.
Duplicating block elements
If you would like to showcase more testimonials or reviews in your Testimonials block, you can easily duplicate any of the elements. To do that, hover over any block element you want to duplicate and click on the Duplicate icon. The identical block element will be inserted to the right of the original element.
Moving block elements
You can move block elements in any way that meets your website goals. To move the block element, hover over it to bring up the dialog box, and click on the Move icon. Drag the element and drop it on another spot inside the block. The layout of the block will be adjusted automatically to preserve the clean look and feel of your website.
Note: you cannot move elements from one block to a different block.
Deleting block elements
You can delete any block element if you have fewer testimonials to display. To do this, hover over the unwanted element to bring up the dialog box, and click on the “trash can” Delete icon.
You can reverse this action by clicking Undo or pressing Ctrl-Z on your keyboard.