The value of a well-known logo is that it grabs attention. Using your clients' names and logos on your website can be an excellent way to boost your company's credibility.
Important: Using the logos without permission constitutes trademark infringement and can result in the loss of clients or even a lawsuit.
To add logos or certification badges to your page, use the Logo wall block. Here's how you can set it up:
1. Decide on the spot on your page where you would like to add logos and click the "plus" button.
2. In the Block library, go to the Logo wall section and choose the block layout that you like. Click on the block. Remember, you can change its layout in Block settings > Layout tab.
Customizing the Logo Wall
Click on the block to activate the control pane and then click Block settings icon:
In the Layout tab, you can previous variations of layout available for this block.
In the Appearance tab, you can customize the following:
Block title: Keep or remove the block title. You can format the title text in the same way as the rest of the text on your website.
Block partners: Keep or remove the block logos.
Primary and secondary buttons: Keep or remove the buttons. To edit buttons, visit this tutorial.
Block spacing: Adjust the whitespace (margins) at the top and the bottom of the block.
Once you are done customizing block elements, click Save.
Replacing demo logos
To add your own logo, follow these steps:
1. Click on the logo you'd like to replace and then click Replace image:
2. Choose the new logo image on your computer and click Open. Optionally, resize or crop the image using the preformatted grid.
3. Click Submit.
4. To quickly resize the logo, move the lever:
5. Replace the rest of the logos on the page and publish your site to make the changes live.
Adding more logos
If you wish to showcase more logos on the page, you can easily duplicate any logo and then add the new image. To duplicate the logo, hover over it to activate the control pane and then click the Duplicate icon:
A copy of the logo will be inserted to the right of the original one. Customize it with your own logo image.
When you add several more logos, the new row will be added automatically.
Deleting a logo
To delete a logo, hover over the logo element and click Delete:
The logo will be removed and the block layout will be updated automatically.
Do I need a permit to use a logo on my page?
You will need to get your client's permission because of copyright/trademark issues and because having their brands on your site will imply a recommendation of your brand/service. Big-name brands in particular are sensitive about this, as their brands hold big value.
How to ask permission to feature customer logos?
The best practice is to write it into your contract terms that with any work you do for the client, you are entitled to use logos, case studies, etc in your own marketing materials. Always assume that the work is copyrighted.