You can unpublish your site so it will no longer be accessible to site visitors. If you had a domain connected to it, you would continue to own the domain after unpublishing. And you could connect another website to this domain.
Here's how to unpublish your site:
- In the Sitebuilder, click the Menu button on the top left corner of the screen.
- In the Sidebar, click Settings to open the Website settings window.
- In the General tab, scroll down to the red section called Danger Zone.
- Click the Unpublish site button.
- In the next window, type in UNPUBLISH in the field to confirm your intention and click Submit.
You will see the confirmation that your website has been unpublished. Click Submit in the Settings menu and return to the Sitebuilder. You can continue editing or changing your site.
You can publish your site again at any time. Or you can completely reset and unpublish your site.
Note: If your site was unpublished for more than a few days and then published back, your search engine rankings can decrease.
We hope you find this article helpful. If you have any questions, please contact our Support Team.
Ready to use your new knowledge? – Edit your site!