The Schedule block presents the event agenda in a clear and efficient way. You can include details such as the date and time of the event, a few details about the speaker, or the location.
This can be followed by other relevant details, which may relate to the sessions that will be conducted during the event.
It’s easy to understand and includes the names of the attendees and presenters, along with extra space to write down more information.
Why you should use the Schedule block
- Multi-purpose block design: you can create an agenda for one or more days of the event such as a festival.
- Works well with other blocks: you can insert Schedule blocks between highly visual blocks such as Gallery to create a visually appealing site structure.
- Add it anywhere: you can add a Schedule to any block such as Booking, Contact, or About us.
Adding a Schedule block
- Choose a location where you want to add your schedule block and click on the Add a block + button.
- In the Block Library, navigate to the Schedule section in the menu on the left and click on a block that fits your website strategy.
- Click on the Schedule block and it will appear on your page.
Customizing the Schedule block
Insert the block as described above and hover over any element to bring up the dialog box.
Click on the “gear” Block settings icon and the Block settings menu will appear. You can change the following settings:
- Block title: check the box to display the main title of the block. To remove the title, uncheck the box.
- Even icon/image: check the box to display the icon in the event section. To remove it, uncheck the box. We will walk you through the steps on how to modify the image further in this article.
- Event description: check the box to display the details of a specific session or presentation in the event schedule. To remove it, uncheck the box.
- Primary and Secondary buttons: use these options to display one or two buttons in your Schedule block. You can uncheck these options to remove buttons.
Once you are done customizing the Block settings, click Save to confirm the changes.
Need more items on your daily agenda?
You can duplicate agenda elements with icons or with photos to create as many daily agenda items as you want. To do this:
- Hover over any schedule item you wish to duplicate to trigger the appearance of the dialog box.
- Click on the Duplicate icon.
- The new item will be inserted below:
- Edit the item per your Schedule requirements.
To replace the images in schedule elements with your own or stock photographs:
- Hover over any image in the Schedule block.
- Click the Replace image icon.
Follow the steps to editing images in these tutorials:
To replace the demo text with your own descriptions in the Schedule block, simply click on any line anywhere on the page and start typing. You can also paste the text from a text editor you are using.
Learn more about text formatting:
You can edit buttons in your Schedule block to lead to different pages on your website or to an external URL. To edit links in buttons follow the steps outlined in these tutorials:
Need to create schedules for more time periods?
If you would like to display more than two agenda’s in your Schedule block, simply duplicate these elements. Here’s how you can do it:
- Hover over the top of the daily agenda to trigger the appearance of the dialog box.
- Click on the Duplicate icon.
- The identical block element will appear to the right of the original one.
Deleting daily agenda elements
If you would like to showcase schedules for fewer days, you can delete these days.
- Hover over the block in the Schedule to trigger the appearance of the dialog box.
- Click on the Delete icon to remove the element.
This action can be reversed by pressing the Undo button or Ctrl-Z on your keyboard.